
I Made a Brake Rotor Forge!
I've always wanted to build a forge. Because I like bending and hammering metal in to
bizarre shapes and sizes. As I read I find that I need supplies like coal, I mined lignite coal at the Black Water river. Then I realized that the brake rotor forge is not complete. So as I gallivanted for parts I found a shop called Economy lumber. They are ordernarly priced. All my pipes where 41 dollars. Then I went to the mechanics. We found a pickup trick brake rotor for free. Then we found a hairdryer. It was 11$. not to bad but it works well. The anvil is a very hard thing to find. I was lucky to find this peice of rail road track for 5$. It was old and rusty and cut with a touch. The pipes are BLACK IRON, NOT GALVANIZED!!! Don't
go buy galvanized because the galvanized pipes have a poison fume wen heated!
Now you know how to build the brake rotor. ;)
bizarre shapes and sizes. As I read I find that I need supplies like coal, I mined lignite coal at the Black Water river. Then I realized that the brake rotor forge is not complete. So as I gallivanted for parts I found a shop called Economy lumber. They are ordernarly priced. All my pipes where 41 dollars. Then I went to the mechanics. We found a pickup trick brake rotor for free. Then we found a hairdryer. It was 11$. not to bad but it works well. The anvil is a very hard thing to find. I was lucky to find this peice of rail road track for 5$. It was old and rusty and cut with a touch. The pipes are BLACK IRON, NOT GALVANIZED!!! Don't
go buy galvanized because the galvanized pipes have a poison fume wen heated!
Now you know how to build the brake rotor. ;)
I want to thank Mybob (my grandfather), Trent Tye at http://purgatoryironworks.com, and Denis Yates and all the folks from B.A.M. (Blacksmithing Assosiation of Missouri).
I tapered the foot and put a twist in the middle and made a handle.

1 comment:
DUDE!
You made that poker in like 15 minutes after you got the forge lit. That was very cool.
-Dad
Post a Comment